Graduates in Training Programme
The purpose of the GIT programme is to bring in people who have completed a degree/s and provide work experience through a structured programme that includes intensive training, development and support.
To potentially grow them into positions and roles within the organisation, as to fast-track them into the talent pool and ultimately key positions within the organisation.
Focus Areas of the G I T Programme
- Marketing and Sales
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Property Management
Principles of the G I T Programme
The GIT programme will be positioned as part of critical skills and talent management strategy.
- The programme is informed by the workforce planning requirements against strategic intent of the organisation and turnover trends
- The programme aims to fast-track development
- The programme will promote employment equity and diversity goals
- The programme will consist of a structured programme with common Transnet Freight Rail and functional-specific elements
- The programme will provide maximum exposure to the business and the functional areas
- The GIT trainee is to take responsibility for their own learning with strong support of mentor, supervisor and GIT Coordinator
Benefits of the Graduates in Training Programme
- Opportunity for the Organization to augment its skills pool by recruiting high calibre individuals
- Opportunities for university graduates to obtain work experience within their designated areas and to get cross-functional exposure within the Transnet Freight Rail environment
- Structured training and development plans will lead to a better utilization of resources
- Assisting in meeting employment equity targets
- Assisting in planning for and meeting of the Organisationís long term human capital requirements
The Application Form must be downloaded and printed, then completed by hand, then mailed with all required supporting documentation to the indicated postal address.
Download the Adobe PDF Application Form Here
No late applications will be accepted.